Beginner Needs Help

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

Beginner Needs Help

Postby Adrianc1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey so im new to Programming and want to start porgramming. Im Doing Apprenticeship in It Support so like an It Technician and im good at it but also want to learn a programming language and heard that python is the right one and i just want something that i can make applications with or even little games like Android apps or games etc just so it looks good on my CV. SO my question is will python be great for me to learn to program software or just make simple android games etc? And also if yes is there any good guides which dont include alot of reading maybe a book i dont mind but maybe a video tutorials lessons?

And also a qustion should i use linux when programming or just standard windows 7 because im good with linux and know how to install them etc. I just formated my laptop so i dont mind putting linux on it?

Regards
Adrian
Adrianc1

Re: Beginner Needs Help

Postby stranac » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Yeah, python is pretty good for stuff like that nowadays.
Although, if you're completely new to programming, it's probably better to get to know the basics first.

As far as books go, LPTHW is often recommended.
I never really watched any beginners video tutorials, so don't have any to recommend.
But you might find something you like here.

You can use python on windows just fine if you want to, but linux is probably the better choice.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Postby Adrianc1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Thanks do you know which Linux is best recommended for programming or just any ? and for sure i will check out LPTHW
Adrianc1

Postby stranac » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Doesn't really matter too much.
Try a few distros, and choose one you like.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Postby Adrianc1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:44 am

So now i know abit about pyhton and can someone give me an easy project or something to do because i dont have one for my self done?
Adrianc1

Return to General Discussions