[FIXED] Temporary problems with the forum

[FIXED] Temporary problems with the forum

Postby Kebap » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 am

We are collecting reports from different users who see many new PHP errors on different forum pages.

Now Mekire for example can't even login and post anymore due to the PHP errors while loging in. :(

Edit by metulburr
Currently we are experiencing problems with logging in. You can still talk to the community and ask questions via IRC. We hope to have this problem resolved as soon as possible
Last edited by Mekire on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Removed from announcements.
Learn: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and chat with uns directly!
Kebap

Re: PHP errors in the forum

Postby metulburr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am

The most oddest part is the pbp banner only gets replaced when I go to his profile and returns when I return to the forum

Code: Select all
Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /home/jkbbwr/public_html/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /home/jkbbwr/public_html/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby metulburr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Let me rephrase

On computers that auto log me in, I'm fine and here, but for computers where I have to log in, I as well get the same problem, and cannot log in
New Users, Read This
steam
metulburr

Postby Kebap » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:48 pm

I can confirm this. Login seems impossible right now. At least as long as you don't have a cookie logging you in automatically.

So it seems, we may see a dramatic drop in activity from new users as well as old users who accidentally logged out, until this problem is handled.

To all of you who can only read but not write anymore. You can of course still talk in IRC, etc. See my signature for details.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and chat with uns directly!
Kebap

Postby Crimson King » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 pm

metulburr wrote:Let me rephrase

On computers that auto log me in, I'm fine and here, but for computers where I have to log in, I as well get the same problem, and cannot log in

Same issue here.
Crimson King

Re: temporary problems with the forum

Postby Kebap » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:12 pm

We had a prolonged downtime due to problems with hosting, time-management, etc. As you can see, the old forum is back up for now. This is definitely better than nothing. Sorry for all the inconvenience! We are also still thinking about writing a forum in python from scratch.
Kebap

Re: temporary problems with the forum

Postby ochichinyezaboombwa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Kudos to whoever has fixed it.
ochichinyezaboombwa

Re: [FIXED] Temporary problems with the forum

Postby Kebap » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 pm

The forum was not available for a short number of days. Sorry for any resulting inconveniences.
Kebap

Re: [FIXED] Temporary problems with the forum

Postby metulburr » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:04 pm

It is due to a so called "life-time" free host. However because of this comes with a promised 0.1% downtime, which seems to be more like 1-3% instead. Problems such as the past few days would be non-existant if we were able to come up with the cost per monthy/annually of hosting fees. However the problem just before that, the mysql error for a few days, was due to jkbbwr not keeping an eye on the server.
New Users, Read This
steam
metulburr

Return to Suggestions