Permanent Job Opportunity - Python Core Developer - £50k Based remotely in South East, Midlands or East of England or located in the Cambridgeshire office.
Hi all. I appreciate that a request for a permanent Python employee will not be uncommon to you or this forum, but I post this in the hope that it appeals to someone or that you know someone that might be interested - we will pay a £1,000 referral fee if you can help us do this. Regards, Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recruiting for a young, entrepreneurial Internet company that is changing the way retailers and consumers shop online with a range of SaaS tools and products. All systems are developed and hosted in-house. Reporting directly to Head of Development, you will be responsible for;
Developing the back-end and core systems that power the products, with a special emphasis on the management of data, and production of APIs that enables the front end and web development team to create bespoke solutions for our customers in a SaaS environment.
The candidate will be expected to get up to speed on product functionality very quickly and make tangible improvements to our solutions within a matter of weeks. Creativity and innovation is also critically important - we are interested in people who can suggest and implement improvements to the way we work; we want people that can create a vision and revolutionise our services so they are unique and best of breed.
Required core skills are Python, MySQL, JSON and XML. Desired skills include Django, Amazon EC2, system administration of Windows and Linux, Nagios (or similar monitoring systems), and Firebug (or similar tools).
- Diagnose and fix problems that occur in the data pipeline. Ideally, implement fixes that prevent them reoccurring.
- Implement customer-specific scripts for new customers to import their data, either through web-scraping or data-feeds.
- Work to tight deadlines and react quickly to urgent tasks and accurately
- Proactive, providing suggestions on how different tools and techniques can be introduced to improve the quality and efficiency of the data pipeline.
- Take complete ownership of tasks from conception through to testing and delivery
- Enhancing the core product, data management, and API functionality and developing new products
- Support new initiatives in the business, building in any new processes or tools necessary
- Responsible for documenting new functionality in the products
Minimum candidate requirements
- 3 years experience of Python, MySQL, JSON and XML
- 2.1 degree from a good University in Computer Science or similar subject
- Django and Nagios experience
- XML and data feeds
- SVN experience
- Proficient with the use of inspection and debugging tools such as Firebug
- A Strong desire to learn and innovate within the web development industry
- Full development lifecycle experience, from conception through to testing and live
Please apply or refer prospective candidates to email@example.com