Pygame window not scaled correctly

Pygame window not scaled correctly

Postby welpurstud » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm going to describe my issue the best I can. This could get long but I'm coming to you guys as a last resort.

The Situation:
I'm a beginner in Python, Pygame and programming in general. I've followed several tutorials from various sources and following along with any and all books I can get my hands on. I am currently working my way through http://programarcadegames.com/ and I've gotten up into the point of chapter 5, where it is teaching me how to open windows and incorporate simple drawings in the window by using Pygame.

The Problem:
When I run the script I copied over from the tutorial, it seems the drawing surface of the area doesn't match up with the actual size of the window opened.

Here's a picture -
Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 14.41.51.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 14.41.51.png (87.32 KiB) Viewed 219 times

As you can see, the drawing space is covered up by some of the buttons on the window. That line is drawn from coordinate [0, 0]. Changing the coordinates and window size yield the same results as well as running this script through IDLE or Pycharm.

I'm on a 2013 MacBook Pro 13" Retina running Python 2.7.8 downloaded from the official Python website. I have pygame installed and (from what I can tell, works fine) except for this one thing. I would like to continue with my learning of this so any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be checking this multiple times tonight and tomorrow so if you need any other information, I can provide it. Thanks again
Last edited by micseydel on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First post lock.
welpurstud

Re: Pygame window not scaled correctly

Postby Mekire » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 am

Afraid I likely can't help you as I don't use a Mac, but could you please post the exact code you are using which causes this problem. Be sure to post the code in code tags (not a screenshot).

-Mek
Mekire

Return to Game Development