I have a rather large project I developed in Python 2.5, and I decided to migrate to Python 2.7. Everything was going beautifully, until I ran into a rather odd error. I am using a text view widget to display a list of widgets, each of which display customer information -- there are around 2,000 accounts at the moment. Now, everything has worked smoothly on Py2.5/Windows7, but since migrating to Py2.7/Windows8, my program will not launch if the account list is over 300. With over 300 accounts, everything will run good up until Tk.mainloop is called, at which point no windows are displayed and the Python2.7 process eats up about 40% of my processor.
I'm about to create a work-around where instead of initializing and packing widgets for each customer, I'll create a small number of widgets, and swap-out widget text as the user "scrolls" through the customer selector. Before I begin doing that though, I'd like to know if there's a more simple fix -- like I said, my current implementation works fine on multiple machines running Windows 7 and Python2.5. If it has anything to do with it, I'm also using a Surface Pro -- I imagine it may be an issue with how the Surface handles graphics. Again though, everything works like a charm so long as I only feed the text widget under 300 account windows.
I've done a tremendous amount of Googling, and so far I've yet to turn up anything useful.