Flowchart Help

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Flowchart Help

Postby Cilx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 am

I am doing my final project for my python programming class. I need some help just with the first part of this flowchart. The rest of the flowchart is cake but I am stuck at the beginning.
I'm not asking for the solution just the first step, please.

Full flowchart: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ECg6b ... sp=sharing
Cilx

Re: Flowchart Help

Postby micseydel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 am

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you supposed to convert this into code? What part exactly are you asking about? What attempt have you made?
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
micseydel

Postby Cilx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 am

Yes, I am suppose to translate this into code. I don't have an attempt at the problem to show because I cant get threw the first and second input bubbles. What am I suppose to write for the first and second input bubbles is all I am asking, I can do the rest my self. I finished the first flowchart in the problem because it didn't have any arguments to import or input or whatever I am suppose to do with it.

This is what it is telling me to do with this specific flowchart:

Create function calculatePointsEarned

Arguments: list of homework grades, list of exam grades

Body: Call homework points earned function

Call exam points earned function

Add homework average and exam average, divide by possiblepoints, and assign to myaverage

Return myaverage
Cilx

Postby micseydel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:55 am

Cilx wrote:This is what it is telling me to do with this specific flowchart:

Create function calculatePointsEarned

Call exam points earned function

Add homework average and exam average, divide by possiblepoints, and assign to myaverage

Return myaverage

That seems like it's spelling it out for you pretty well. You need to ask very specific questions. Do you not know how to create a function? Do you not know what arguments are? Do you not know how to use multiple functions in a single program?
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
micseydel

Postby setrofim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:55 am

Cilx wrote: I don't have an attempt at the problem to show because I cant get threw the first and second input bubbles. What am I suppose to write for the first and second input bubbles is all I am asking

You have pretty much answered that yourself:
Cilx wrote:Create function calculatePointsEarned

I would add "with the list of homework grades as the argument" to the last line, but otherwise, you've nailed it. So what is the problem? If you're not familiar how to declare/call functions, maybe this can help. Go through that link and make an attempt based on what you've learned. If it doesn't work, post your attempt here.
setrofim

Postby elraymonds » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 am

Start is start, in the eclipse like shape,you have to specify the term or the starting point don't use both there like a action + start. And at the same time don't use auto shape to draw flowcharts . It gives you lack of flexibility to draw your diagram. use a third party tool or a flowchart software to draw diagrams. that way anyone can easily understand what it is.
elraymonds

Return to General Coding Help