Random function

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Random function

Postby VictorVt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Hello, my first time here, I'm brazilian and I don't write english very well, I aks patiente, please haha

Well, I'm doing a program that it has how input a matriz and a word, and this word will be found and your position print at screen. But we have a problem, we don't know how use the random function this case to make one matrix random as input, someone would know to do?

Do you understand my englsih? I'm trainning, hehe
VictorVt

Re: Random function

Postby stranac » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but you can use random.choice(string.lowercase) to select a random lowercase letter.
You can combine that with a nested loop/listcomp to produce the matrix you want.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Re: Random function

Postby micseydel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:34 am

On top of stranac's advice, I would recommend posting your code here. With that extra information, we might be able to figure out what you mean more easily.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to General Coding Help