transferring messages from mobile to PC

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

transferring messages from mobile to PC

Postby bobdxcool » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

I wanted to transfer the messages that my mobile receives to a word or text file in my PC. Is it possible to do it serially through COM port ??

I also tried sending a message to USB Modem (micromax modem with a docomo SIM). I used the following python code.

Code: Select all
import serial
import time
ser = serial.Serial('COM4', 9600)
while 1:
   data = ser.read()
   if (data):
      print "data : ", data

The baud rate and all are correct.

When I used this, I checked for the output in cmd window. the output was just blank space.
Meaning that, the message was not being read by serial COM port.

Please help. Pls suggest any code in python or any other language in order to transfer messages from my mobile to computer, or transfer messages sent to the usb modem to a notepad or wordpad or anything else.

If this is not possible, is it possible to send the messages from mobile to any webpage or email,using some android application ?
bobdxcool

Re: transferring messages from mobile to PC

Postby micseydel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm

This isn't enough information without knowing your phone, and honestly we probably won't have your phone or a desire to read its documentation to figure it out. You might want to seek a more specialized forum regarding your phone, or possibly a larger forum, since we're a small community anyway.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
micseydel

Re: transferring messages from mobile to PC

Postby metulburr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm

If this is not possible, is it possible to send the messages from mobile to any webpage or email,using some android application ?

You mean like incoming text messages?
A lot depends on your phone. I dont know if it is possible directly or not, i am sure it is, just figuring it out is the only problem. But regardless, I wouldnt see it hard to email incoming text messages to yourself, especially smartphones, in an already existant program.

I dont own a smartphone currently, but i know someone who does. After rooting it, i have seen him do some crazy things with it, pretty much turning it into a protable PC.
New Users, Read This
version Python 3.3.2 and 2.7.5, tkinter 8.5, pyqt 4.8.4, pygame 1.9.2 pre
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
metulburr

Return to General Coding Help