How to run this puthon code

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

How to run this puthon code

Postby achin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:27 am

hi, i am basically related to Java , and i am working on universal remote so i have allot of re-research on this topic and finally i found a python code on this site rtfms.com
http://rtfms.com/wp-content/rtfms-com/p ... _to_wav.py
i have no idea about python , as i have read that the python code will create a wave file with input of pronto hex code and the end of python code you can see some Samsung pronto hex codes
and Now i want to run that python code so i google and find how to run python code online and find this link http://ideone.com/3jbC5Y
and i pasted the entire python code but getting some errors, because i have no idea about python
please help me
Code: Select all
Runtime error  comments (0)
  stdin copy
Standard input is empty
  stdout
Standard output is empty

stderr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "prog.py", line 6, in <module>
    import numpy as N
ImportError: No module named numpy
Last edited by Mekire on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First post lock. Code tags added; please read the "New Users, Read This" sticky.
achin

Re: How to run this puthon code

Postby Mekire » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:18 am

Are you trying to run this with an online interpreter? That probably isn't going to work. Online interpreters are basically just toys for testing snippets or learning; they don't often contain 3rd party modules. You will need to download python. Also, if the distribution of python you download doesn't automatically include numpy you will need to install that as well. Before moving forward with this current project however, I recommend you go through some basic python tutorials.

-Mek
Mekire

Return to General Coding Help