Inventing on principle

Inventing on principle

Postby Crimson King » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:40 pm

This video was shared by a user from a python mailing list i'm suscribed to:

Inventing on Principle

It's an interesting video worth watching.
Crimson King

Re: Inventing on principle

Postby Somelauw » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:29 pm

What is the video about?
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
Somelauw

Postby Crimson King » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Somelauw wrote:What is the video about?

The video shows how creators need immediate connection with what they are creating.

For instance: When you write code in any language you're guessing what that piece of code will do after compiling/running and according to the lecturer that is not the way to do things. He then shows some tools he developed to avoid this issue.

This is not a Python-specific video, that's why i posted it in the Bar section. In fact, i think he uses JS in some o his examples.

I hope that helps a little, if it doesn't let me know!
Crimson King

Postby micseydel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 pm

I had seen this before, and think that's a good summary (and he does in fact use Javascript, although it isn't specific to that either). I thought it was an awesome video, both in terms of acting on principal and then the specific one he pushes (that it is a tragedy that creators often don't have an immediate and direct connection to their creation).

He gives an example of a sorting algorithm (quick sort?) and how as you type each character, you should see the result change, including intermediate steps. He also has a very pretty graphical thing that is JS-related, and was quite a bit more impressive than just showing live output. I would strongly recommend the video if you have a bit of time.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
micseydel

Return to Bar