imgsend.com viewing photos

imgsend.com viewing photos

Postby metulburr » Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 am

I really hate that site, mostly because within the last 1 1/2 years i havent been able to view one image from that site. I wouldnt care as i use imageshack or photobuckit. But this site *always* says i dont have GMP plugin. Which i have before tried to find a way to view those images by finding this gmp extesnion, but have yet to find it. Mostly people from craigslist use this site. So i have been just sending back a text message to these people to just use photobuckit or imageshack. ALthough with swom i dont get a response back, so it would be nice to figure out what is going on with this site as opposed to others.

for example, someone on craigalist sent me this link to view a tower, but yet all i see is "missing GIMP
photo viewer (get GMP plugin), with a link that sends me to an exe downlaod. which i dont care about as i am on linux. So i tried opening the link in GIMP, but that deosnt work. I tried searching for this GMP plugin in firefox, and nothing shows up for it. I treid making an account on their stupid site, to see if you can only view them when logged in. None of these have worked in the past.
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Re: imgsend.com viewing photos

Postby hrs » Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 pm

When I go to google and type "imgsend.com" + a space, the first suggestion by google is "imgsend.com scam". Without looking into it further I would just stay away from it and not install random binaries from dubious websites.
hrs

Re: imgsend.com viewing photos

Postby metulburr » Mon May 20, 2013 1:08 pm

that may be true, didnt think of it till you said somehting. Wouldnt matter to me anyways as I am in linux. Good to know though, that means responses with links to those sites are spam.

thanks
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Return to Bar