Service Enumeration on Remote Hosts

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Service Enumeration on Remote Hosts

Postby bcaseiro » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Hello All,

I want to create a script in python that will read a .txt file which contains a list of computers and then connect in each one of these computers and list a couple of properties of its services, like DisplayName, Path, State, etc. I was able to completely do what I need using WMIC, but I would to do that in Python.

Wmic /node:@computers.txt /user:administrator service get SystemName,DisplayName,PathName,StartName,State /format:CSV

Does anybody knows how we can translate the command above to a script in Python? Anybody has any sample of service enumeration in remote computers in Pyton that is willing to share?

Thanks,
Bruno
Last edited by micseydel on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locked OP.
bcaseiro

Re: Service Enumeration on Remote Hosts

Postby tnknepp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Something like this?
Python: 2.7 via Anaconda
Numpy: 1.7
Pandas: 0.11
IDE: Spyder/IPython
tnknepp

Re: Service Enumeration on Remote Hosts

Postby micseydel » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm

tnknepp wrote:Something like this?

I don't think that's it, because he wants the name of a computer over the network rather than the local computer's name.

I Googled "wmic python" and this turned up. That should point you in the right direction, but feel free to come back with specific Python questions once you have them.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to General Coding Help