IDLE problems python3.3.3

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

IDLE problems python3.3.3

Postby confrench33 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:33 am

I use a mac os x 10.6.8 and had problems with IDLE freezing all the time. I found out I had tcl/tk 8.5.7 when I needed 8.6.1, so I installed the newer version. When I run IDLE now it still runs tcl/tk 8.5.7. Am I missing a step after the install to get it to run, or is there a different problem?

Thanks
confrench33

Re: IDLE problems python3.3.3

Postby micseydel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:05 am

That's a really, really hard question to answer without examining your setup.

Normally when people come here with IDLE problems someone tells them IDLE is crap, that they shouldn't use it, and then I come along and say, hey, it's not that bad but OS X is one of the most miserable programming environments in my experience that I will recommend you try something else. Not sure about Xcode's support, but Sublime Text is popular, I bet pycharm is on OS X (it's free, right?).
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Re: IDLE problems python3.3.3

Postby confrench33 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Yeah, that's what I've heard from other people. I plan on using something else for my personal use, but I'm in a programming class that requires me to use IDLE. Thanks for the alternative suggestion though, I'll try it out.
confrench33

Return to General Discussions