GUI

Post here if you need help with creating a Graphical User Interface in Python.

GUI

Postby vkvikask13 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 am

I have learned the basics of Python programming and I am ready to move to the advanced level. I have to start a new GUI project in python and I have installed PyQt for python 3.3. I have designed my user interface too. But now the problem is, how will I generate or write python codes for the function of the user interface. How should I integrate the .UI file designed using Qt designer with the python compiler or where can I find the editor that connects the user interface with the python language.
Last edited by micseydel on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locked OP.
vkvikask13

Re: GUI

Postby Yoriz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:26 am

Link to video tutorial: looking for PyQT4 tutorials
New Users, Read This
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
Spam topic disapproval technician
Windows7, Python 2.7.4., WxPython 2.9.5.0., some Python 3.3
Yoriz

Re: GUI

Postby Marbelous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Google search for: rapid gui programming with python and qt pdf

It's a good, freely available PDF book that explains Qt from the ground up. Be forewarned though, you have a looooong way to go before you'll be using the Qt Designer interface. You need to learn about Qt slots and signals before you can really interface with your Python functions. There may be a fancy Qt Wizard or something out there but if you want to understand how Qt works under the hood you should write your own GUIs instead relying on some automated editor that generates all the code for you. I wish I could help you along with it but I decided to learn Tkinter first, then I'll move on to PyQt...
Marbelous

Return to GUI