Is developing a website in phyton is easy or not.

Is developing a website in phyton is easy or not.

Postby mohamed bilal » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:06 am

Friends, i am new to this forum. and now i am joining in a job. they are told me to develop a web based applications in python. but i don't know anything about the python. Is this easy or not? How should i start me project.

please reply friends..... :D
mohamed bilal

Re: Is developing a website in phyton is easy or not.

Postby setrofim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 am

Developing a web application in Python is relatively easy (compared to something like Java or ASP.NET), but if you don't know already Python, you'll have a lot to learn. Don't expect to be able to do it overnight. Start by going through this, and once you are happy with the basics of Python, look into Django.
setrofim

Postby micseydel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 pm

I personally like Bottle and Flask as lightweight, simple introductions to websites.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Postby setrofim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:28 am

micseydel wrote:I personally like Bottle and Flask as lightweight, simple introductions to websites.

True. The reason I'm recommending Django is because it has by far the best documentation and the biggest community around it, so it's easy to get support. Also, it sounds like this guys needs needs to get a site running quickly, and Django comes with the most batteries.
setrofim

Postby Kebap » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 am

If found the hardest part of developing a website in python, is finding a webhost with python enabled. :evil:
Learn: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and chat with uns directly!
Kebap

Postby micseydel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 am

I love Webfaction, although I honestly haven't used any other host that allowed Python. Also, Raspberry Pis a decent option if you want to host it yourself.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to Web Development