setting up the forums

setting up the forums

Postby metulburr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Are we going to add categories to the forum, such as what it was before? Pygame, Twisted, etc.

Also what is the status on resetting up the database of before?
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Re: setting up the forums

Postby stranac » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Once the database is updated, all the categories/forums should be restored as well.
I just created a few basic categories for now, but I could add more if you think it's needed.

There are plans to update the db, but the only person who can is Jakob, and apparently, only Micseydel has the db, so I can't give you much of an update there.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Postby micseydel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 am

Well, I got what I got from metulburr, and I believe it's just 500mb of scraping. I can make available what I have once I get home, in an hour or so. Further, I would expect Taos to have the database. stranac, are you the only admin here, and not him?
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Postby stranac » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 am

micseydel wrote:Well, I got what I got from metulburr, and I believe it's just 500mb of scraping. I can make available what I have once I get home, in an hour or so. Further, I would expect Taos to have the database. stranac, are you the only admin here, and not him?

I only know about the db what I heard from Taos, and that's that he doesn't have it. He though you do...

And no, I'm not the only admin.
Taos also has an admin account, as do metulburr, KevinD, and bunburya.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Return to Bar