Old user come home

Old user come home

Postby ms4sman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Hello all! I haven't been to this forum since the chaos surrounding it's sale! I must admit, it was a great relief when I found out it was to be purchased by one of the mods. Anyway, I recently decided to check back, and was pleased to find that it is back up! I know that this has probably all been discussed already, but I am sort of ignorant. Will old user accounts be recreated? If so, I created this account with the same creds as my old one. Will this be a problem? Thank you!
ms4sman

Re: Old user come home

Postby stranac » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:04 pm

There were plans to restore the accounts, and there still are, to the best of my knowledge.
But it seems the database backup got...misplaced.
So if it's found, the old forum data should be restored, if not, there is a partial backup or something like that in someone's(not sure who i is) possession...

I also have the same account name (as do most of us), and I do hope that won't create problems.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Postby KevinD » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 am

There are also odd users like myself who deliberately chose a different user name, just so that if the old database is ever restored, there won't be any conflict issues.
Quanto lignum posset materiae materietur marmota Chuck si materiam possit materiari foedans, penitus lignum?
KevinD

Postby ms4sman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Maybe this is obvious, but what was your old username? I might remember you from the old forums...
ms4sman

Postby stranac » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 pm

ms4sman wrote:Maybe this is obvious, but what was your old username? I might remember you from the old forums...

You probably do.
He's KDoiron.
Friendship is magic!

stranac

Postby ms4sman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:20 pm

So I am going to show my ignorance once again, and ask: Is Taos still around, probably under a different name? I knew he bought the forums, but haven't seen his name yet. Taos, if you are reading this, don't be insulted!
ms4sman

Postby stranac » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:10 pm

He's still around.
He's the head admin(using the admin account), but he's also registered as jkbbwr.

But I think he has some university stuff going on right now, so we rarely get to talk to him.
Friendship is magic!

stranac

Postby ms4sman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I see. I figured he must just be under another name.
ms4sman

Return to Bar