Coding Help for making a desktop buffer app

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Coding Help for making a desktop buffer app

Postby subho » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:56 am

Hello, every one. i want to make a desktop buffer app for social networking sites like facebook and twitter using python. i want your help. Please if you could suggest me as which modules of python to read. also any if you can share other links that might help me in making my buffer app. Thank You.

i know there are buffer websites available. but i want to make a desktop app. Thnaks.
subho

Re: Coding Help for making a desktop buffer app

Postby micseydel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 am

Do you know already know Python? If not, you need to learn it. If so, you should get started, explain what you're doing, and ask for more specific help. What exactly do you want to do that you don't know how to do, or what module to use to do it? You should be able to get a gone chunk of this done without advice.

Also, you posted in the wrong place, so I'm moving this thread.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Postby subho » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:32 am

micseydel wrote:Do you know already know Python? If not, you need to learn it. If so, you should get started, explain what you're doing, and ask for more specific help. What exactly do you want to do that you don't know how to do, or what module to use to do it? You should be able to get a gone chunk of this done without advice.

Also, you posted in the wrong place, so I'm moving this thread.

Thanks for your reply. Yes i am acquainted with python but never tried with projects involving internet. I want to make a buffer app in which i can store a group of status updates in a file and this app will automatically post them on social networking sites one by one on my behalf after certain interval of time with/without my presence. i want to know how should i go with this thing?? for example which modules in python(if any like urllib or httplib) i will need to connect my app to the social networking api(twitter or facebook api).
subho

Postby micseydel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:08 am

Facebook and Twitter's APIs might include Python code that you use, rather than using urllib or something else yourself. Once you've read about the APIs, if you have specific questions about them you're likely to ask about that, but right now you should be getting your hands dirty rather than asking vague questions.

If you don't have a ton of experience yet, something like this can be tough, but really, you just need to get started. Google things like nuts. Do mini-projects that help you part of the way, and then put it all together at the end.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to General Coding Help