Any one up for a practice pygame project.

Re: Any one up for a practice pygame poroject.

Postby Mekire » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:47 am

I want it to be significantly different personally. Art-wise I think we should try to be as unique as possible. Gameplay-wise I think if we could come up with some unique twist on the original it could be fun. I was almost wondering about a tactical two player vs mode (not sure if the originals ever did this; I haven't played them extensively).

-Mek
Mekire

Postby metulburr » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:25 pm

I was almost wondering about a tactical two player vs mode (not sure if the originals ever did this; I haven't played them extensively).

I was thinking this at one point also. I wasnt sure though though, but that would definitely give some originality (assuming they havent done it). Like an option alongside basic game flow?
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby metulburr » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 pm

At this point a lot of states, the games itself, needs some basic artwork. And that is my downfall. Not creative whatsoever when it comes to artwork. Of course i could put like a placeholder image and such here and there, but that will only go so far either. Not sure what do reagrding artwork?
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby Mekire » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm

This is always the main problem I have. I have requested some concept sketches from a couple people but so far not gotten any results. I think this thread is getting a bit long however. Perhaps make a new thread, "[Community project] Plants vs Zombies" and sticky it here in the game section. Have the link to the main repository in the first thread along with the current list of issues. Call out for any coders that would like to help or just learn a bit of pygame, and emphasize our need for artwork (mostly of the pixeling variety).

-Mek
Mekire

Previous

Return to Game Development