Lunar Lander game?

Lunar Lander game?

Postby Likeawhisper » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 am

Hi guys,

I started Python very recently and I have a basic gist of how it works. I know some basic things like print, while loops, variables, and the like. I have Python 3.3 downloaded and Pygame as well.

I always wanted to try and make a copy of the old arcade game Lunar Lander, and I tried it in TI-Basic (a language used on Texas Instruments graphing calculators). It failed rather miserably, so I turned to a computer language with the hopes it would be more advanced and therefore easier. Java and C turned out too hard to learn, so I decided to learn Python first. So here I am, and I was wondering if anyone in this community either has a copy with them and can paste the code up here. I don't want a download file because I plan on looking back on this to learn.

Thanks a lot!

Likeawhisper :D
Likeawhisper

Re: Lunar Lander game?

Postby metulburr » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

if you google
Code: Select all
lunar lander pygame

there are a ton of results
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Re: Lunar Lander game?

Postby Mekire » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:17 pm

I don't think any one here on the forum is just going to hand you a fully coded lunar lander game to look at; nor should this be what you want. Making that Lunar Lander game should be your goal. To accomplish that you are going to need to learn some basics (if you haven't already). If it is pygame you are looking to use, there are quite a few examples here in this forum. I have a repository of some samples that you can look at online if you really don't want to download for whatever reason (but the more complex ones will still require download for the required graphic resources).

You can find that here:
http://code.google.com/p/my-pygame-samples/source/browse/

My suggestion is just code something in pygame. Make it work to the best of your ability, regardless of what that ability is. Then ask more specific questions when/if it doesn't work the way you want/think it should. This will be much more instructive for you, and much more rewarding for any who assist you.

-Mek
Mekire

Return to Game Development