just stumbled upon this and wanted to share it with you:
It's "Spyder", a Qt (uses PySide AFAIK) based IDE for Python. I tested it right now and what should I say? I'm stunned.
Spyder wrote:- Syntax coloring for Python, C/C++ and Fortran files
- Powerful dynamic code introspection features (powered by rope):
Code completion and calltips
Go to an object definition with a mouse click
- Class and function browser.
- Occurrence highlighting.
- To-do lists (TODO, FIXME, XXX).
- Get errors and warnings on the fly (provided by pyflakes)
- Breakpoints and conditional breakpoints to use with the python debugger (pdb).
If you're looking out for a fast IDE, give it a try!