why should i pay for python resources ?

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

why should i pay for python resources ?

Postby sumanrajan435 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Python is a free and open source software..... (Glad that the founders did so..:D...!)...people who have enjoyed this free gift..and gained knowledge in this language... And some of them when they started to produce tutorials ,books ,pdfs...
They are charging for that...or in other words they demand money ,how can this act be justified..
I think its high time ... To join hand with this forum and make our python free again.
Last edited by Yoriz on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title
§^m@N..8-)..
sumanrajan435

Re: why this cruelty to python...?

Postby Mekire » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:06 am

There are many, many, many, free resources available for python. What exactly are you having a problem with? Sure if you want a dead-tree proper book, then you are going to have to pay. Other than that though you really should be able to find any information you need for free online. I tend to take issue with a certain species of neophyte programmer who think they will write their first game, and then start making money; but this is a different issue. Those are the same types that often ask questions about how they can conceal their (embarrassing) source code, when their priorities should most definitely be elsewhere.

If you have questions regarding where to find free information, and you really are having a problem, feel free to ask.

-Mek
Mekire

Postby 1914195203 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 am

companies suck oil out of the earth and charge for money. i think it's high time we demand free oil, car gas, water......
real estate agents only transmit information, and they charge money, they are guity......

all in all , if you don't need their service, don't pay them.
those who don't learn decent programming skills and just want to copy others' work and claim they did the work are the ones who are guilty.
decent programmers use python as a tool (not claiming that they INVENTED/PRODUCED the python language) and provide service to those who need the service.
if you think programmers should not charge money, then you should not do programming at all, because you think programming is easy and takes no sweat. and probably you think you are so good, so smart, and other people's work don't deserve your respect. and probably, you belong to the genre who tend to copy other's open-sourced code instead of writing your own, then claim, you ARE a programmer.

why do some people tend to visit websites which host open-sourced codes? what's the core reason?

Postby 1914195203 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:51 am

Mekire wrote:I tend to take issue with a certain species of neophyte programmer who think they will write their first game, and then start making money; but this is a different issue. Those are the same types that often ask questions about how they can conceal their (embarrassing) source code, when their priorities should most definitely be elsewhere.

-Mek

how do you know their "priorities" are on concealling their (embarrassing) source code?
only because they asked a question about the way to conceal their source code and they didn't ask questions about how to make their softwares work?
can't it be because they really know how to make their softwares work but they just can not find a way to protect their code, so they asked?
so, only things that are known to you exist, what are not known to you must be non-existent? are you a god?

Postby Mekire » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 am

Rest assured despite your previous post that I was not specifically referring to you. I have had encounters with quite a few people who have just created their "first game" whose only concerns were packaging their programs as an app they could sell. These people in general could learn much more from the community by seeking feedback on their code rather than by thinking that they, as a novice, are in a place to profit from it. I have seen many questions from people on various forums about protecting source code that, when they had previously posted, wasn't worth protecting.

-Mek
Mekire

Postby sumanrajan435 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm

I would be much obliged if good tutorials and pdfs are pointed out...
§^m@N..8-)..
sumanrajan435

Postby 1914195203 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:36 pm

the official python documents are good, and they are free too.

Postby Yoriz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:55 pm

sumanrajan435 wrote:I would be much obliged if good tutorials and pdfs are pointed out...

I've started making a sticky post of free python resourses that all moderators can add too
http://www.python-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5063
New Users, Read This
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
Spam topic disapproval technician
Windows7, Python 2.7.4., WxPython 2.9.5.0., some Python 3.3
Yoriz

Return to General Discussions