Cool library for Cocos2d

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

Cool library for Cocos2d

Postby Eamonn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Maybe this isn't the best place for this, but I wanted to share this awesome UI library for Cocos2d!

Library: https://github.com/shadowmint/nwidget

Also, is Python slow? By slow, I mean too slow for simple games(the maximum I'd like to make is a platformer/side-scroller)?

I love Python! Simple, easy to read and easy to use. If you can make games with it, and general apps, it's the #1 language to relax with. This might sound creepy, but if I've had a hard day, and I'm just bored and tired, I'll fire up IDLE and start having fun with Python(the only thing I really ever do is code :P ). Are there any popular games made with Python?
Eamonn

Re: Cool library for Cocos2d

Postby metulburr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Maybe this isn't the best place for this, but I wanted to share this awesome UI library for Cocos2d!

This is typically called spamming as you have already stated this numerous times in other threads, if not numerous, at least one other time i can think of.

Also, is Python slow? By slow, I mean too slow for simple games(the maximum I'd like to make is a platformer/side-scroller)?
No. Python has no problems making 2d games. It even has 3d capabilities. So you making a platformer is well within range of python capabilities.

Are there any popular games made with Python?

The most famous i can think of (or least what i call famous) is Civilization IV
You can check python software here, but check under video games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Python_software
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby Eamonn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Oh wow! Sorry! I didn't mean to spam :oops: I just wanted to share this because it was awesome. I haven't posted this before though. I just discovered this library today! If you mean that I posted about this before, I can assure you I did not. Either it was another account with a similar name, or I've been hacked.
Eamonn

Postby metulburr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:41 pm

ok it wasnt as much as i thought. Only once
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5113&p=6556#p6556
For some reason i thought i saw it more often
New Users, Read This
steam
metulburr

Postby micseydel » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:43 pm

It seems spammy because he hasn't posted code either time, and his first post mentions it by name several times, which is something spam posts do. This does look very suspicious.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Postby metulburr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:43 pm

ok i thought it was just me
New Users, Read This
steam
metulburr

Postby Eamonn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Sorry for spamming. I'm not sure how I was(and I'm still now), but I apologise :( I thought spam was posting the same thing over and over again, but I guess I was wrong. I really apologise, and I'll not spam again :|
Eamonn

Postby micseydel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 am

If it was a serious problem I'd have IP banned you by now ;)

Seriously though, what you're doing resembles at least partially the behavior of spammers. Don't worry about it though, you've had enough non-spammer behavior that you still have a lot of leeway. If you make sure that future advertisement for that module includes code, as examples of how awesome it is or questions about it, then you won't have any problem at all. Two posts without either of those things is the beginning of a pattern we don't like.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to General Discussions