Coderang

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

Coderang

Postby micseydel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:34 pm

A guy made this at a hackathon in San Francisco in May: http://coderang.com/

It's totally awesome, and supports Python. Not that it runs in-browser and has a bit more limitations than that already gives it, but it's still amazing for teaching people. Absolutely fantastic.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Re: Coderang

Postby micseydel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Would anyone be interested in advertising live help for beginners via Coderang? I'm thinking integrating something like this into the new forum when it catches on is a good idea, especially because it can preserve whatever interaction and learning occurs, whereas with that, once it's done it's pretty much gone.

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Postby metulburr » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:59 am

looks interesting. Being the fact that i checked it when i was the only one in there, i wasnt able to see its full potential. It looks to be a group online interpreter? Cool

Would anyone be interested in advertising live help for beginners via Coderang?

You mean someone on call 24/7?
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby micseydel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 am

I didn't mean like that, I just meant like someone could schedule in advance when they would be on and then one or more of us would help them live. And random people aren't supposed to jump on, you're supposed to share a session with specific people.

micseydel

Postby metulburr » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 am

oh yeah i see, it refreshes to the default code when a new person joins.

But yeah that is sweet, as it makes some of the pain in the butt stuff of pasting back and forth codepad scripts to get the point across. That makes it so much more easier.
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby manojg » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 am

There is another one: www.codecademy.com. Works for other languages too.
manojg

Postby micseydel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 am

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe that Code Academy accomplishes a totally different thing, or at least in a very different way.

micseydel

Postby Crimson King » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:30 pm

micseydel wrote:Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe that Code Academy accomplishes a totally different thing, or at least in a very different way.

Indeed, codecademy is a tutorial site, someone knowledgeable about a certain topic creates course and end of story.

Coderang seems like an amazing tool. Great find.
Crimson King

Return to General Discussions