1) download the iso for linux litehttp://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxli ... o/download
2) download unetbootin for (i am assuming your in windows on this new pc?) http://sourceforge.net/projects/unetboo ... tlayer-dal
This should run in windows and be able to use the iso file
3) insert USB
4) open unetbootin
5) Clear the USB stick. Delete everything from it, reformat it if needed. Make sure the USB has enough room for the iso file.
6) in unetbootin, select Diskimage, ISO, and the path to the iso on your system. CLick the 3 dots to open a filemanager to navigate to the iso. Select the .iso file you just downloaded. In the lower options, make sure the options are set to USB Drive, and the Drive option set to your USB that your using. If you only have the USB stick in, it should default to that USB stick, but that is not always true. You may have to change it to the USB path.
7) Once you click OK, you should be waiting for a bit to have it make the image on your usb. Whjen its done, it will ask you if you want to restart.
*at thispoint you are done with windows as your next step is deleting windows and installing linux.
8) restart the computer with the usb in. Once you retart your computer with the USB in the computer, and if your BIOS is set to USB before HDD, then once the computer turns on, it will not boot windows, but either boot an option menu or just boot the live (which is linux running off the usb)
9) If option menu, boot up the live, or in linux lite's case, jsut start linux lite
10) this will either take you to linux running off the USB stick, linux always has an desktop icon to install on the live, or will take you to into the install menu. Select that to start the install process.
At this point you are at 4:27 on this video that i found: (if you can get past this guys accent)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxL68ewkdrw
11) In the install, choose, erase disk and install linux lite. This will delete windows and install linux over it. That video is doing more complex things, that you dont need to worry about right now.
Once this is complete, windows will no longer exist on this computer. Linux will be the only operating system.
I might of found their install video, not sure if this is the one you watched or not:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6P8seS5w9g