HELP! Running python in webpage

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

HELP! Running python in webpage

Postby JordanC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 pm

I am currently making a program for a friend of mine, and ill needthe python script to run in a webpage. it basically just runs a loop checking for something and when that something appears it runs something else.

The website i need it to run on acts like a command prompt style thing, i think its called a DOS box, any ideas?
Last edited by Mekire on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First post lock
JordanC

Re: HELP! Running python in webpage

Postby rrashkin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm

You will use the CGI module and it will require that Python run on your web server (very likely).

Postby JordanC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Well, the website isnt mine that im running the script on, nor is it the persons that i am making the script for. He just works on the website and im making a script that will make his job alot easier, but is it stilL CGI?
JordanC

Postby rrashkin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:06 pm

I don't know how else you would do it, but that doesn't mean you can't. I hate to be disloyal to Python but why don't you use Javascript if you want it to run on the client?

Postby micseydel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 am

This might help http://pyjs.org/ but I'm really a "use the right tool for the right job" kind of guy, and Javascript is typically the right too for client-side dynamic behavior. Maybe pyjs would be great for you though, I've never used it and I believe it's relatively new, so it might have some time before it's really useful.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to General Coding Help