creating an apk file for android / kivy

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

creating an apk file for android / kivy

Postby metulburr » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Is there anyone on here who has yet successfully made an app on android using kivy here? I have been reading the documentation on there, and it is quite mind boggling. The install step, will lead to docs/site to download something else, which in turn that itself leads to a requirement, which leads you to another site/docs. It seems to go on forever until you say screw it, nevermind.

Particularly the ndk/sdk installs for the requirement of creating the .apk file. I am completely clueless as to this process. As the documentation for it leaves me asking myself, is it worth it?

I was hoping for a video tutorial of installing kivy and the process of creating an apk file and sending it to your android via linux environment, but i dont see one (at least using python). I see a ton in java.

I have successfully made a hello world app using java. That was stupid simple when they packaged SDK along with eclispe. I find it odd that the python process is harder. Unless i am missing some other solution that is more simple?

EDIT:
IN kivy virtual environment, the program runs fine. Its just a hello world program. I am trying to create an apk file out of it.
New Users, Read This
version Python 3.3.2 and 2.7.5, tkinter 8.5, pyqt 4.8.4, pygame 1.9.2 pre
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
metulburr

Return to General Coding Help