Mad with python forum

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

Mad with python forum

Postby AEA » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:59 pm

I replied to one of my threads spent a good 35 mins writing a big reply. Pressed post, it told me I needed to resign in and navigated me back to a BLANK POST! Surly a website created for python programmers can be programmed to remember the post? Or to not sign people out every 5 minutes. Wasted so much time.
AEA

Re: Mad with python forum

Postby Yoriz » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 pm

The forum itself is not programmed by the users of the forum, its just a general use forum.
When i log in i ensure that 'Log me on automatically each visit' is ticked and i've never had any problem with being logged out during a post.
When doing something lengthy its usually a good idea to create it locally first and then copy and paste it so your not relying on the internet to behave itself.
New Users, Read This
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
Spam topic disapproval technician
Windows7, Python 2.7.4., WxPython 2.9.5.0., some Python 3.3
Yoriz

Postby AEA » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Yoriz wrote:The forum itself is not programmed by the users of the forum, its just a general use forum.
When i log in i ensure that 'Log me on automatically each visit' is ticked and i've never had any problem with being logged out during a post.
When doing something lengthy its usually a good idea to create it locally first and then copy and paste it so your not relying on the internet to behave itself.

Completely agree I will be doing that in the future, I just thought It represented the forum badly. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to bring it to the attention of the moderators. :oops:
AEA

Postby metulburr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:07 pm

This forum is PhpBB. It is not written by any one of us. Consider it lesson learned. As we have done it at one point or another at any forum.

I cant remmeber what forum that happened to me on, but since then i make sure on a long post i can re-aquire my post by either A) creating it locally then posting it or B) saving it as a draft. I prefer the first as i know for a fact that i can get it back again. I spend sometimes days with an open post up for a tutorial. There is no way i am going to lose that post by accidently doing logging off or something.

I dont mean you have to start it locally. There are times where i start a long post here, and it as it gets where i put a lot of time into it, I cut/paste it over locally and work there and paste it back.
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Postby AEA » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Lesson is definitely learnt, please ignore my first post as nothing but a moment of frustrated rage. :)
AEA

Postby micseydel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I use Lazarus because of exactly that problem happening on various websites (and other similar issues).
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Postby Kebap » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 am

I have the exact same problem, getting logged out way to soon, but only if I come to the forum via the internet connection at work. I assume, there is some sort of internet-filter in place, kicking me out after ~30min, so I have to relog into the forum. I do not see this effect via any other internet connection. Maybe it's the same for you there.
Learn: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and chat with uns directly!
Kebap

Postby metulburr » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 am

i do not have this problem. I could log in and come back 24 hours later and still be logged in. Which it doesnt matter as its my home computer and no one but me uses it.
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Return to General Discussions