Help with some basic Python programming

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Help with some basic Python programming

Postby bfriesen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 am

Hello,

I need some help with some basic Python programming. I need to make a program that makes it when I press a key on my keyboard it changes the color of the screen dependent on the key pressed. For example if I pressed the key r then the screen would turn red. I am quite inexperienced and any help would be greatly appreciated.
bfriesen

Re: Help with some basic Python programming

Postby micseydel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 am

Have you read this? We're happy to help, but be careful about posting anything that looks like a "do it for me"-post. You should have some amount of code, and a question about the code.

To do what you want, you'd have to learn some basic Python, and then get a GUI toolkit (of which there are many) and do what you want with that toolkit. You should go through a basic tutorial, then read up on toolkits, pick one, and try to do what you've mentioned before posting again.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
micseydel

Postby rrashkin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

What he said, but additionally, when you say "screen" what exactly do you mean? The actual screen background? If so, how would you do it with an OS Shell command (and what OS are you using)? Otherwise, if you mean a GUI window, what graphics are you using (e.g., GTK, Tkinter, ...)?

Postby Jaro » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 am

rrashkin wrote:What he said, but additionally, when you say "screen" what exactly do you mean? The actual screen background? If so, how would you do it with an OS Shell command (and what OS are you using)? Otherwise, if you mean a GUI window, what graphics are you using (e.g., GTK, Tkinter, ...)?

I would add, but just for curiosity ... Ok, if you press the "r" key the screen turns red. But what if you press the "g" key? Green or grey? And the "b" key will turn your screen blue black or brown?
Code: Select all
<function signature at 0xb73f910c>
Jaro

Return to General Coding Help